Demand for outdoor and sports toys continued to soar in 2021, with NPD Group seeing stronger sales than the previous year in these categories at $5.86 billionand the trend is expected to continue this year.
“Despite the inflation and price increases that have accompanied pandemic life, we know that parents will continue to prioritize the happiness and well-being of children and expect to see significant purchases of toys in the coming months,” says Ali Mierzejewski, Editor-in-Chief of Toy Insider. “We know that parents are looking for the best toys to keep kids entertained, whether it’s outdoors on a sunny day, indoors on a rainy day, or on the go on a trip. The Spring Gift Guide and Toy Insider’s summer has you covered with everything you need for a fun, active, and educational season!”
The hottest toys of the season give classic summer toys a well-deserved upgrade; engage children’s brains outside the classroom; are environmentally friendly and teach green concepts; and beat the boredom of travel. Plus, new toys bring kids’ favorite characters to life, including familiar faces from CoComelon, turn redand Blue Clue & you!.
Toy Insider’s gift guide breaks down toys by play category and age group, from newborns to tweens. Each category includes products spanning different price points, from affordable collectibles to splurge-worthy staples:
- ACTIVITIES & GAMES: You’ll never hear “I’m bored” with these hands-on activities, craft kits, and family games that keep kids busy with screen-free entertainment!
Insider Picks of Toys: Buttery Ice Cream Scoops (WeCool Toys), Soundiculous (Moose Toys)
- ECONOMIC FAVORITES: Refresh the toy box without breaking the bank, amid rising prices for consumer goods, with toys, collectibles and activities under $25.
Insider Picks of Toys: Aphmau MeeMeows Mystery Plush Series 1 (Bonkers Toys), #Boneless Skateboarders (NSI International)
- ENTERTAINMENT TOYS: Bring your kids’ favorite characters from movies, TV shows, video games and social media platforms into the real world with playsets, dolls, collectibles and more.
Insider Picks of Toys: Care Bears I Care Bear (Basic Fun!), Transformers Bumblebee Action Playset (Jazwares)
- NATURE & EDUCATIONAL TOYS: Prevent the “summer slide” with toys that weave their way into basic STEM concepts and encourage kids to explore the world around them.
Insider Picks of Toys: Poppy the Count & Stack Flower Pot (Learning Resources), Coding Starter Kit (Osmo)
- OUTDOOR TOYS: Create the hottest playground on the block with garden equipment that inspires kids to ditch the couch for some serious fun in the sun
Insider Picks of Toys: Fömalache (little children), Tony Hawk 20 inch 720 bike (Dynacraft)
- PHYSICAL AND ACTIVE TOYS: Get kids moving with a variety of toys that will keep them pedaling, climbing, jumping, scooting and laughing all season long.
Insider Picks of Toys: Kick & Score Playgym (VTech), Kid Trax Classic Pedal Cars (Kid Trax)
- TRAVEL TOYS: You’ll be there in no time! These compact, lightweight and portable toys provide hours of fun and travel.
Insider Picks of Toys: Tinkle Crinkle Pull & Play Toy (Spin Master), CoComelon Learning Book (Just Play)
- WATER TOYS: Beat the heat and give kids splash play with pool toys, outlandish inflatables, water guns and interactive beach sets.
Insider Picks of Toys: H2OGO! Funfinity Splash Mega Water Park (Bestway), Little Tikes 3-in-1 Splash ‘n Grow Water Table (MGA Entertainment)
Toy Insider’s team of experts is always on the lookout for what’s new, what’s new and what’s trending in the toy world. They review toys throughout the year, evaluating the features and overall value of each toy using five key criteria: play value, originality, skill development, product integrity and fun factor.
To visit http://www.toyinsider.com to read reviews, find the latest toy news, participate in fun giveaways, and get the latest parenting tips.
On The Toy Insider
The Toy Insider is the go-to source for information on kids’ toys, technology and entertainment. Its team of toy experts publishes two annual gift guides — one for summer and one for the holidays — and reviews toys 365 days a year on thetoyinsider.com, a trusted resource for parents. Content for The Toy Insider is produced by an editorial team with a combined 125 years of experience spanning the toy industry. The Toy Insider is published by Adventure Media & Events, publisher of the pop insidera daily pop culture news and review site that #fuelyourfandom, as well as a leading business publication the toy book, which helps its readers stay on the #pulseofplay. For more information, to visit thetoyinsider.com and follow them on instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Youtube.
SOURCE The Toy Insider