Chevrolet is offering offers on the 2021 Bolts that take the price of the 259-mile range electric vehicle to some of the lowest levels yet, while Tesla is slowly raising the price of its best-selling Model 3.
In greater Los Angeles, the 2021 Chevy Bolts cost nearly $ 26,000, according to ads on TrueCar. The Bolt LT’s MSRP is typically around $ 37,000.
Meanwhile, Tesla has raised the price of its cheapest 2021 Model 3 Standard Range Plus to $ 39,990, up $ 3,000 from $ 36,990 earlier this year.
Bolt vs Model 3:
- Price: Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus now costs $ 39,990 while Bolt LT has dropped to $ 26,000
- Vary: The Model 3 Standard Range Plus has an estimated range of 263 miles. The Chevy Bolt is rated at 259 miles.
- MPGe: Model 3 has an EPA 134 MPGe * rated handset, the Bolt 118
- Sales in the United States: Model 3 was # 1 in electric vehicle sales in the United States in 2020, Bolt was # 3 (Model Y was # 2)
Rydell Chevrolet, one of the largest Bolt dealers in the Los Angeles area, showcases a new 2021 Bolt Premier – the most expensive version – on its website (until May 29, 2021) under $ 30,000, a discount of over $ 14,000 off the MSRP of $ 44,575.
TrueCar displays prices nearly $ 26,000 for a new 2021 Bolt LT – the cheapest trim – about $ 11,000 off MSRP.
This is unusual for a new Bolt model year, which typically doesn’t see a significant discount until the end of the model year.
Why is this happening?
A major model year update is planned for 2022: the existing Bolt gets a makeover and Chevy introduces the all-new Bolt EUV.
What’s different this time around is that the price of the next Bolt is much lower, with the 2022 Bolt EV starting at $ 31,995. That’s about $ 5,500 off the MSRP for the current base model. And the slightly larger 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV, starts at $ 33,995.
The 2022 Bolts will include features such as adaptive cruise control and GM’s Super Cruise (hands-free driving) technology, two firsts for the Bolt.
The Model 3’s price hikes, on the other hand, are a mystery since Tesla isn’t responding to media queries these days. And it should be noted that Tesla also lowered the price of the Model 3 and the Model Y. This happened earlier this year. Having said that, since the start of the year there has been a net increase.
* MPGe: the distance traveled by a car on the equivalent of a gallon of gasoline.
Comments can be sent by direct message to “twitter.com/mbrookec”