BBB Serving Western VA is issuing a scam alert regarding fraudulent sales of children’s toys under the pseudonym littletikes.hidiscount.club. This business has operated under several well-known names such as Little Tikes Whole Sale Club, Little Tikes Save A Lot Store, Little Tikes Discount Online Store, and Little Tikes Save Money Store.
The company has an F rating with BBB due to 28 complaints filed since the company started operations in 2019. All complaints have gone unanswered by the company.
This company uses Facebook ads to promote deep discounts on Little Tikes toys to drive customers to its professional-looking site. The Company uses an online payment system, such as PayPal, to complete transactions.
According to BBB ScamTracker and customer complaints, some victims were charged twice for their purchase, and other consumers received fake tracking numbers that made it look like their items had been shipped. Orders never arrive, however, and consumers have not been refunded.
A BBB investigation revealed that the address on their website does not exist. It’s actually a vacant lot in Roanoke. The website is registered in Panama, but all other information is private. They used email addresses such as email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
BBB urges consumers to remember these tips when shopping online to avoid getting scammed:
- It’s easy for a fake site to impersonate a famous retailer’s website, so make sure you’re shopping on a legitimate site. A site that does not include contact information or a legitimate address is a red flag. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to reach them if there’s a problem or you need to make a return. Discover the resellers on BBB.org before shopping.
- Think before you click. Pay particular attention to email solicitations and online advertisements on social media sites. Be especially wary of advertisements that appear when you have purchased a particular item online. Many sketchy retailers advertise great deals that don’t live up to the promotional hype.
- When shopping online, be sure to take your time and read the fine print before confirming your order. Make sure you understand the return policy. Beware of offers that are too good to be true.
- Buy with a credit card. In the event of a fraudulent transaction, a credit card offers additional protections; it’s easier to dispute charges you didn’t approve or get your money back if something goes wrong.
- Keep your order documentation. Save a copy of the confirmation page or email confirmation until you receive the item and are satisfied.